...Religion Change...

I was reading an article from Straitstimes the other day...
talking about switching religion...
hmmm i was wondering...
why does the other religion forbits their followers to hold joss sticks of buddhism and taoism?
one of my cousin brother, converted to a christian just a few years ago...
he was previously a taoism follower, together with his family.. then he converted to christianity...

i mean, personally, i'm ok with him converting... cos it's his wish...
i just often wonder why they wanna change/convert...

hmmm i was born a buddhist, had not much wishes or desire to convert to another religion whatsoever...
i mean, probably earlier on maybe a slight desire to convert.. but after which, it die off... haha

i had christian friends preaching to me...
kept asking me to join them in their church events, prayers session, etc...
i kinda dislike that...
cos i'll only go when i feel like it or when i really have the interest in it...
and i really do not like the fact that they keep saying the God will give you food or something...
and whatever you do, it is actually God who helps you...
i mean.. no offence again... i really still cannot bring myself to believe this yet...
maybe in the future but most certainly not now...

no offence to my now-christian friends, in fact 2 of my close friends are christians... but then again
when we're together, we do not talk about our religions...
there is no point to spoil a friendship just because of the religion...

i respect mine and i also respect theirs...
most certainly i hope they respect my wishes in staying as a buddhist...
i enjoy the beliefs of my religion, in fact i kinda like the theory of it... and yes, Buddhism does have a theory of its own...
Christians have their Bible, Muslims have their Koran...
and we have our scriptures...

*ahem* not that i read all of it.. there's a huge collection of the scriptures...
my brother had the JIN GANG JIN placed beside his bed...
me on the other hand, prefers to read books based on the teachings and beliefs of Buddhism...

(′`)

i also hope to hold joss sticks and pray to my ancestors... and hope to bring my future kids to pray to them as well...
you can call me stubborn... but it's each to its own isn't it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

...tired...

Promotion

Another year... hello 2021